Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- To develop the ability to demonstrate technical competence in the fields of electronics and communication engineering and to develop solutions to the problems in core as well as inter disciplinary areas.
- To develop graduates with sound academic background and industrial exposure, which gives them capability to make a productive contribution to society through lifelong learning.
- To produce competent professionals with moral values, ethics to build an efficient team with soft skill capabilities
Program Outcomes (POs)
Upon successful completion of the programme, the students would have the following attributes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of
- Differential and integral calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, vector calculus, complex variables, Laplace transforms, Fourier transforms, and probability and statistics.
- Basic physics including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and optics
- Basic chemistry and environmental science
- Basic computing
- Analog, digital circuit analysis and design techniques
- Architecture and applications of Electronics, Communications Engineering systems.
- Identify, formulate and solve complex problems in the domains of analog/digital design, signal processing and communication engineering, reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of Mathematics and Engineering Sciences.
- Microprocessor/Microcontroller based systems
- Communication and Networking systems
- Algorithms for signal process
- VLSI circuit components to meet desired specifications with realistic constraints such as manufacturability and sustainability.
- Design and conduct experiments in analog/digital systems, signal processing and communication and networking systems, analyze and interpret data, and synthesize information to provide valid conclusions using simulation techniques and/or numerical methods, graphics.
- Select and apply necessary modern electronic instruments like Digital Storage Oscilloscope, DSP and FPGA trainer kits, Microcontrollers and software tools such as Spice, MATLAB and HDL for Digital Signal Processing, Communication Engineering, Networking and VLSI engineering practices with an understanding of their limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, safety, legal and cultural issues, and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Work effectively as an individual, and also as a member or leader in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Effectively communicate on their Electronics and Communication Engineering activities, with the Engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations.
- Manage projects by applying gained knowledge on Engineering and Management principles.
- Adapt themselves wholly to the demands of the Electronics and Communication related Engineering by life-long learning.