In the pursuit of a balanced development of IIMR students, we are a firm believer that the natural resources be duly respected and judiciously utilized too. Amidst this, it is also needed that the students learn to nurture and be sensitized towards conserving it to the optimum levels.
With this vision, Green Waves” Club was constituted for the Green wave movement with a core objective of “Learning to live sustainably’ The Club aims to promote awareness not only inside the campus but to the wider world, to inculcate a sense of responsibility towards “Mother Nature” among stakeholders.
IIMR has a lush green campus, where a variety of plants and trees are planted which add aesthetic value to the campus and also prevent soil erosion. This has also conserved biodiversity. The campus is developed as an eco-friendly campus with the main purposes of making the campus-Green, Pollution Free, Noise Free and with the facility of Water Harvesting and escalating the Eco-Social goal of “Go Green”. Every stakeholder is made aware of the importance of nature through its “CLEAN AND GREEN” practice.
The 50 acres of lush green sprawling campus has well-maintained greenery and biodiversity. Varieties of ornamental plants are grown with scientific methods of Horticulture. Organic farming is being practiced and crops & vegetables without chemicals are produced to supply in canteen.
1. Promoting Agro-Forestry-More than 1500 plants have been planted on the campus with the implementation of the green campus policy and by forming a Cluster of Mango trees, Tamarind (Imli) trees, Gooseberry (amla) trees, Custard Apple (Sitaphal) trees, and Guava (Amrud) trees.
2.Water harvesting and water management –Following Water Conservation Facilities are available in the Institute
3. Sensitizing Students and other stakeholders- Every year Plantation Drives are organized for newly admitted students. This connects them with the activities of the Green Waves Movement.
4. Cultivating organic vegetables and crops- Since 2018, in order to improve air quality and resource conservation, the institute started the practice of growing organic crops on 10 acres of area which was lying idle and unused to produce food of high nutritional grade in sufficient quantity to provide healthy food & vegetables to students & staff and utilization in canteen also.
5. Energy Efficient System–To keep the environment clean, measures have been taken in the Institute Campus through the use of Solar Energy, LED, CFLsetc in various places. Also the architecture of the buildings are such that all the classes and other rooms are naturally well-lit and airy.
6. Promoting No Plastic Zone- The Institute has a well drafted “Plastic-Ban” Policy in place, which outlines the practices to be followed in the institutes by students and staff. Proper Signages are placed at relevant places to sensitize students about “plastic ban” in the campus. Different types of dustbins are provided on campus to collect plastic bottles, wrappers, chocolate covers etc. All utensils in the Canteen are of steel and of food grade. It is ensured that no plastic utensils are used in the kitchen either for serving or cooking purposes.
The institutional initiatives towards fulfilling the objectives of Green Waves Club:
Various Events are conducted in the campus around the year to sensitize the students towards their responsibilities towards nature and make them aware of the environment related issues.
|2||Green Waves Plantation Drive||23/07/2019|
|3||Green Waves Plantation Drive||19/08/2019|
|5||Energy Conservation Oath by Students||07/01/2022|
|6||Energy Conservation Oath by Studenst||09/01/2023|